Phidgets 3513_0 CE-IZ02-32MS2-0.5 DC Current Sensor 0-1A
This DC Current sensor measures DC current, up to 1A. Powered by an external 12VDC power supply, the DC Current Sensor provides a 0 to 5VDC analog signal that is linearly proportional to the current measured at the terminal blocks.
The DC Current Sensor can easily be mounted using the screw holes, or on a 35mm wide DIN rail for quick installation. The terminal blocks accommodate conductors of up to AWG #16.
In order to measure the current, the sensor has an internal 0.5 Ohm resistor. This will result in a slight voltage drop before the voltage gets to the device requiring the power. Consequently, the “leftover” voltage might not be high enough to power the device, especially if the power supply has a voltage close to the device’s minimum voltage requirements. As a point of comparison, using a 12V battery running a 16 Ohm Load, there is an approximate drop of 0.375V due to the 0.5 Ohm sensing resistor on the 100mA DC Current Sensor. The maximum voltage drop is 0.5V, when the sensor is measuring 1000mA.
The output of this sensor is not clamped at 5V. If the current being measured exceeds the rated input current, more than 5V will appear at the output signal. This can damage the Phidget Board (or any other ADC) that it is attached to if the output signal exceeds 5V for an extended period of time.
The current sensor connects to an analog input on Phidgets I/O boards. The formula to translate the output voltage to measured current is:
I(mA) = Vout * 200
You can use a 12V sensor adapter to connect this sensor to your InterfaceKit or Hub.
- Sensor Type: Current (DC In-Line)
- Controlled By: Voltage Input (0-5V)
- Sensor Output Type: Non-Ratiometric
- Input Current Min: 0 A
- Input Current Max: 1 A
- Measurement Error Max: 0.5 %
- Sensor Response Time Max: 15 ms
- Supply Voltage Min: 12 V DC
- Supply Voltage Max: 12 V DC
- Current Consumption Max: 16.7 mA
- Output Voltage Min: 0 V DC
- Output Voltage Max: 5 V DC
- Isolation Voltage (DC): 2.5 kV DC
- Isolation Voltage (AC): 1.5 kV AC
- Material: Plastic
- Recommended Wire Size: 12 - 24 AWG
- Operating Temperature Min: 0 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 50 °C
Mechanical Drawing 3513_0
Wiring Diagram 3513_0
3D Step File 3513_0