Phidgets 3518_0 CE-P02-32BS3-0.5 AC Active Power Sensor 0-110V*0-5A (60Hz)
This AC Active Power sensor measures AC power up to 550W. Powered by an external 12VDC power supply, the AC Active Power Sensor provides a 0 to 5VDC analog signal that is linearly proportional to the power measured.
The AC Power Sensor can easily be mounted using the screw holes, or on a 35mm wide DIN rail for quick installation. The terminal blocks accommodate conductors of up to AWG #16. The window in the Sensor has a diameter of 6.5mm.
The current sensor connects to an analog input on Phidgets I/O boards. The formula to translate the output voltage into Power is:
P(W) = (Vout – SensorOffset) * 110
To determine the offset in your system, record the output voltage when there is no power applied to the sensor. Use that value in the place of SensorOffset in the formula above.
You can use a 12V sensor adapter to connect this sensor to your InterfaceKit or Hub.
Warning: The AC Power Sensor needs to be attached in parallel with the line voltage. This requires cutting and using loose ends of high power cables. ALWAYS be sure to turn off the power running through the cables while manipulating and before cutting the cables. When attaching the cables, be sure to follow your country’s wiring code to ensure safe installment of the sensors and to reduce the risk of injury and fire. If you are uncomfortable, consult with a certified electrician.
- Controlled By: Voltage Input (0-5V)
- Sensor Type: Power (AC)
- Sensor Output Type: Non-Ratiometric
- Input Frequency: 60 Hz
- Input Current Min: 0 A
- Input Current Max: 5 A
- Input Voltage Min (AC): 0 V AC
- Input Voltage Max (AC): 110 V AC
- Input Power Min: 0 W
- Input Power Max: 550 W
- Measurement Error Max: 0.5 %
- Sensor Response Time Max: 500 ms
- Supply Voltage Min: 12 V DC
- Supply Voltage Max: 12 V DC
- Current Consumption Max: 25 mA
- Output Voltage Min: 0 V DC
- Output Voltage Max: 5 V DC
- Isolation Voltage (AC): 1.5 kV AC
- Isolation Voltage (DC): 2.5 kV DC
- Recommended Wire Size: 12 - 24 AWG
- Wire Window Size: 6.5 mm
- Operating Temperature Min: 0 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 50 °C
Mechanical Drawing 3518_0
Wiring Diagram 3518_0
3D Step File 3518_0