Phidgets 3140_0 S Type Load Cell (0-500kg) - CZL301
A load cell is a force sensing module - a carefully designed metal structure, with small elements called strain gauges mounted in precise locations on the structure. Load cells are designed to measure a specific type of force, and ignore other forces being applied. This S-Type load cell can be operated in compression or tension with up to 500 kilograms of force. The electrical signal output by the load cell is very small and requires specialized amplification. Fortunately, Phidget Bridge Interfaces will perform all the amplification and measurement of the electrical output.
Load cells require a power source and produce a very small voltage differential when under strain. In order to read this signal, an amplifier or a board with a high-precision analog-to-digital converter is required.
Make sure to calibrate your load cell before using it. You should also have a look at the User Guide for the bridge interface board that you're using to read the load cells.
- Sensor Type: Compression/Tension Load Cell
- Controlled By: Bridge Input
- Weight Capacity Max: 500 kg
- Maximum Overload: 750 kg
- Output Impedance: 350 Ω
- Supply Voltage Min: 5 V DC
- Supply Voltage Max: 12 V DC
- Compensated Temperature Min: -10 °C
- Compensated Temperature Max: 40 °C
- Operating Temperature Min: -20 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 55 °C
- Cable Length: 3 m
- Cable Gauge: 5x 22 AWG
- Material: Alloy Steel
- IP Rating: IP66
- Screw Thread Size: M12x1.75
- Weight: 603 g
Mechanical Drawing 3140_0
3D Step File 3140_0