Phidgets 1143_0 Light Sensor 70000 lux
The 1143 Light sensor can measure ambient light up to 70 kilolux (roughly equivalent to the brightness of direct sunlight). Each sensor has been individually calibrated, and a label has been applied to the back of the board with a calibration value which can be used in your calculations to increase measurement accuracy. The sensor's output is logarithmic, so it will be more accurate at low light levels.
Some light sensors report drastically different values depending on the type of light being detected. The 1143 light sensor, however, only differs by a factor of 1.2 when measuring fluorescent light versus incandescent.
If you want greater resolution with a smaller measurement range, take a look at the 1142 – Light Sensor 1000 lux.
Comes packaged with:
- 3002 – 60cm Phidget Cable
- Sensor Type: Light
- Controlled By: Voltage Input (0-5V)
- Sensor Output Type: Non-Ratiometric
- Response Time Max: 0.5 ms
- Peak Sensitivity Wavelength: 560 nm
- Light Level Min: 3 lx
- Light Level Max (5V): 70 klx
- Light Current Ratio: 1.2
- Current Consumption Max: 500 μA
- Output Impedance: 0 Ω
- Supply Voltage Min: 4 V DC
- Supply Voltage Max: 5.5 V DC
- Operating Temperature Min: -40 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 85 °C
Mechanical Drawing 1143_0
3D Step File 1143_0