Phidgets 3503_0 i-Snail-VC-100 AC Current Sensor 100Amp
The i-Snail-VC is a self powered AC current transducer that provides a 0-5V dc analog signal proportional to the AC current flowing through the device wire window (sine wave RMS calibrated).
The i-Snail-VC is ideal for load monitoring without the need for an external power supply. Factory calibrated, fixed ranges ensure superior accuracy and eliminate configuration and adjustments in the field, saving time and avoiding confusion. Color coded labels allow for easy identification of full scale range.
The 13.7mm (0.54") wire window accommodates a conductor up to AWG #2. Multiple turns of the primary wire may be used to alter the input range. Output voltage is clamped at 6.5V, and the unit delivers a linear output up to 120% overload (6V).
Note: The i-Snail current transducer measures the current in a single AC wire (either the positive or the negative). If you put the whole cable through the window the + and - wires will cancel each other out and the sensor will read a null current value.
The formula for converting output voltage into AC Amps (RMS) is:
AC Amps (RMS) = V * 20
This sensor connects to a Phidget InterfaceKit or Hub with a voltage input. See the Connection & Compatibility tab for details.
Comes packaged with:
- Mounting Hardware for flexible surface mounting
- Sensor Type: Current (AC Through-Hole)
- Controlled By: Voltage Input (0-5V)
- Sensor Output Type: Non-Ratiometric
- Input Current Min: 0 A
- Input Current Max: 100 A
- Current Measurement Resolution: 100 mA
- Measurement Error Max: 0.5 %
- Output Voltage Min: 0 V DC
- Output Voltage Max: 5 V DC
- Isolation Voltage (AC): 2.5 kV AC
- Material: UL94V-0 ABS Plastic
- Wire Window Size: 13.7 mm
- Operating Temperature Min: -40 °C
- Operating Temperature Max: 50 °C
Wiring Diagram 3503_0
UL Certificate (USA) 3503_0
UL Certificate (CAN) 3503_0
Mechanical Drawing 3503_0
3D Step File 3503_0